Our AGM is being held online Tuesday 18th April 7.00pm see the Link above
Nomination forms are available for those who would like to join the Executive Committee, nominations have been extended until Monday 17th April 5.00pm.
The Below are a brief guide to the responsibilities for Office Holder positions, The Executive Committee is made up of the Office holders, Magazine Editor, Magazine layout, Insurance Liaison, Social Media, Partner Liaison and Webmaster. The Executive Committee are more than willing to share responsibilities around so that no-one gets overloaded, especially if you are new to the position. If you would like to help out on the Committee you are more than welcome !
We meet once a month to catch up, have a chat, and share ideas.
The President is Responsible for;
- Ensuring that the Rules are followed;
- Convening Meetings and establishing whether or not a quorum (half of the Executive Committee) is present;
- Chairing Meetings, deciding who may speak and when;
- Overseeing the operation of the Association;
- Providing a report on the operations of the Association at each Annual General Meeting.
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Recording the minutes of Meetings;
- Keeping the Register of Members;
- Holding the Association’s records, documents, and books except those required for the Treasurer’s function;
- Receiving and replying to correspondence as required by the Executive Committee;
- Forwarding the annual financial statements for the Association to the Registrar of Incorporated Societies upon their approval by the Members at an Annual General Meeting.
- Advising the Registrar of Incorporated Societies of any rule changes;
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Keeping proper accounting records of the Association’s financial transactions to allow the Association’s financial position to be readily ascertained;
- Preparing annual financial statements for presentation at each Annual General Meeting.
- Providing a financial report at each Annual General Meeting;
- Providing financial information to the Executive Committee as the Executive Committee determines.
Nomination forms are available here –Nomination Form fill it out and send it to Secretary@nzsma.org.nz